Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Trip to Misery..I mean Missouri

So I found a GREAT deal on plane tickets ($29.00 each way) and took the opportunity to go and surprise my parents. Gretchen helped out on her end clearing their calendar with bogus doctors appointments and even got the RS president to cancel a meeting the day I came in. SO GREAT! I flew in Wednesday morning around 11am and went to a local mexican restaurant (actually not too bad for MO) and there we laid in wait for the folks to arrive with Rick (my brother in law). I hid and called my dad for their address and told him my pen wasn't working and to hang on, I then went out and asked him if I could borrow his. IT WAS CLASSIC. No clue. (video below)

I stayed out there until Saturday staying up LATE and getting up EARLY. We wend through old pics (some of which I have been tagged in on FB) but didn't get to the MOUNDS of slides my dad has. We did some running around for our girls day on Friday getting our nails done, hitting Sephora (not literally), and shopping at the 1/2 off 1/2 off store. I flew back out Saturday...and back to WARM weather. I knew it was going to be cold (25 degrees-ish but felt -25!) and warmed up a little while I was there. IT WAS FREEZING!! Glad to be home, but miss the fam terribly! Here are a few pics from my trip.
PS. I did come back with a cold...ugh!














































3 comments:

Liz and the girls said...

Glad you had fun!!To bad you got sick. That was a great clip of your surprise!!

The Wells said...

That looks like lots of fun!!

I am MommaCat said...

love the video...how great that you got to see them and what a surprise!!!